Are you looking for a way to achieve younger, more radiant-looking skin?
Look no further than the CurrentBody LED Mask, the latest breakthrough in skincare technology.
This cutting-edge LED light therapy mask has taken the beauty world by storm and for good reason. With its advanced LED technology, the CurrentBody LED Mask can help you achieve the flawless complexion you’ve always dreamed of.
Plus, say goodbye to harsh chemical peels and invasive procedures!
The CurrentBody LED Mask offers a safer, non-invasive alternative that can deliver comparable results. Its red and near-infrared lights work together to stimulate collagen production, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and improve skin texture and tone.
In this article, we’ll cover the pros and cons of this LED light therapy mask and help you see if it’s worth adding to your skincare routine!
As someone who's tested numerous light therapy masks, I must say I'm a huge fan of the CurrentBody LED Mask.
- Effectiveness: The CurrentBody LED Mask uses two clinically proven wavelengths of red and near-infrared light that provide numerous skin benefits. It helped improve my skin's texture, reduced fine lines, and gave my skin a more radiant appearance after just a few weeks of use.
- Comfort: The CurrentBody LED Mask is a lightweight device made of soft, flexible silicone that contours to your face, making it very comfortable to wear. During the 10-minute treatment, I didn't experience any discomfort or irritation.
- Ease of Use: The CurrentBody LED Mask is very easy to use - just put the mask on and go about your day. It's perfect for those who want a quick and easy skincare routine.
- Features: The CurrentBody LED Mask comes with 98 red and near-infrared LED lights. It also has a built-in timer and USB charging capabilities. Additionally, it comes with a storage bag, making it easy to carry around while traveling.
- Price: Although the CurrentBody LED Mask isn't cheap, it's definitely a reasonable investment. Compared to other high-end LED masks on the market, the results of the CurrentBody LED Mask are impressive.
Overall, I would recommend the CurrentBody LED Mask to those looking for an effective, comfortable, and easy-to-use red light therapy device. It's a great investment for those who want to improve their skin's appearance without any discomfort or hassle.
Plus, save 10% today when you use code BEAMSCB.
What To Consider Before Buying A Red Light Therapy Mask
Red light therapy masks can help rejuvenate your facial skin. They work by stimulating and boosting collagen production in your cells, which slows down as you age. The lack of collagen production is the reason for fine lines, wrinkles, scarring, blemishes, and discoloration, so a boost in collagen can help reduce the appearance of these .
A red light therapy mask is a wonderful solution if you have acne scarring, frown lines, smile lines, uneven skin tone, or any other signs of aging. Even if you don’t have substantial blemishes on your face, using a red light mask can slow down aging and help you look fresher for longer.
That said, red light can also help with stretch marks and other bodily blemishes. So, if your facial skin is not your main problem, red light panels or beds may be the better choice.
If you think a red light face mask is what you need, keep the following considerations in mind when choosing one:
- Skin Needs: Consider what specific skin concerns you want to treat. Different masks may have different wavelengths or combinations of wavelengths that target specific skin issues such as wrinkles, acne, redness, or hyperpigmentation.
- Target Areas: Some LED masks are more comprehensive, covering your neck and chest, while others only target your face.
- Wavelengths: LED masks can have different modes, so you can experiment with different wavelengths (and colors) to see how they affect your skin. For instance, red light is geared towards anti-aging, while blue light is geared towards acne.
- Durability: These masks can be expensive, so choose one with decent durability and longevity.
- Comfort: The mask material and shape will determine how comfortable it is, which will be a major factor in how much you use it and how long you leave it on.
- Clinical Tests: Try to choose masks that have been clinically tested with positive results. Or, at the very least, look for LED masks that use wavelengths that have studies backing them up.
- Price: LED masks can start anywhere from $100 to upwards of $500. How much you’re willing to pay should be decided before you start shopping.
What Is the CurrentBody LED Face Mask?
The CurrentBody LED Mask is easily one of the most popular red light therapy products on the market, but it’s far from the only one. This LED mask features 98 LED lights and two kinds of wavelengths: 633 nm (red) and 830 nm (near infrared).
The CurrentBody Skin LED Mask also comes with comfort goggles, a USB charging cable, adjustable head straps, and a cloth bag for easy storage.
CurrentBody states that using this mask three to five times a week for a minimum of four weeks will improve your skin, helping to correct tone, fade scars, and reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
They also recommend using it for ten minutes at a time, but there is no risk of overexposure, so you can keep it on longer if you like (just know that there will be diminishing returns).
You can find many other red light therapy devices, like red light beds, wands, and wearables. However, beds are insanely expensive unless you go to a salon or wellness center. The wands and lamps, while more versatile, are more difficult to use and ensure you target your skin evenly. Finally, the masks ensure more comprehensive results because they fit your face closely.
- Flexible and comfortable fit
- Uses clinically-proven wavelengths
- Most users report seeing results in just four weeks
- Completely safe and non-invasive
- Rechargeable design for free movement
- Somewhat expensive, especially if you’re unsure if LED therapy is for you
- Very bright lights so may not be ideal for those who are sensitive to light
- Velcro straps might be a little on the larger side for those with smaller heads
What Makes the CurrentBody LED Face Mask Stand Out?
So, why choose the CurrentBody LED Mask?
The flexible fit and comfortable design are the top features that make it stand out.
Below is an overview of the features I found to be the most notable and desirable, from the chosen wavelengths to the mask design and function.
First, I want to explain how wavelengths work in the context of light therapy because all these scientific words can be confusing!
(Especially if you’re like me and didn’t pay attention in 6th grade science class. Sorry, Ms. Thomas!)
Light comes in various wavelengths. Some wavelengths are very short and high energy, while others are longer and weaker.
At one end of the spectrum is UV light, which is known for tanning your skin.
In the middle is the type of light visible to the human eye.
And, on the other end of the light spectrum, is infrared light, which has longer wavelengths and is known for its ability to “generate” heat.
UV light penetrates the first two layers of your skin, the epidermis and the dermis, oxidizing pigment, and, unfortunately, causing cells to break down, leading to wrinkles and other signs of aging .
Red light, on the other hand, has essentially the opposite effect of UV light, where it helps repair and rejuvenate your skin cells – leading to healthier, glowing skin!
Red light therapy works by promoting collagen production, refreshing your skin and reducing signs of aging and skin blemishes. The CurrentBody LED Mask has 98 LED lights, half of which are red and the other half near-infrared.
While both red and near infrared light offers skin-boosting benefits, near infrared differs as it penetrates even deeper than red light, helping rejuvenate your skin cells and increasing blood flow.
Some red light therapy face masks only use red light, but a dual LED light treatment is more potent and robust. The main difference I noticed between using this LED face mask and a red light-only mask is that my skin improvements started earlier.
The two wavelengths work in tandem to boost collagen and cell energy in different layers of the skin, so it’s like you are healing your facial skin from the inside out on two levels.
Plus, there are studies indicating that this light therapy combo is effective for reducing wrinkles and promoting overall skin health .
Are the near infrared LEDs 100% necessary? I don’t think so. While helpful, red LED light alone can still be highly effective, but using them together will improve your skin on another level.
In fact, after using the CurrentBody mask for a couple weeks, I noticed the wrinkles on my forehead looking shallower and my face feeling smoother.
You can check out some before-and-after photos from real users here!
Comfortable, User-First Design
Okay, here’s one of the top reasons I was such a huge fan of this mask when I tried it out. It is super flexible and comfortable. I know some people said they felt some pressure on the bridge of their noses, but I did not have that problem. That said, it’s practically impossible to design any mask that will fit every human face on the planet – but I think this one comes pretty close.
It’s lightweight and easy to gently contour to your face, and the head straps are comfortable but secure on your head. Many other LED masks are rigid, so they’re uncomfortable and may not completely fit your face. Ill-fitting LED face masks can work but may miss some areas of your skin. But this flexible design ensures every centimeter of your face is bathed in red light, so you don’t miss any spots.
I haven’t struggled with the rigid masks too much, so I didn’t think the flexible silicone would be that much of a game-changer, but it was. Being able to smooth the mask against my skin made it more comfortable and prevented the sides from cutting into my skin at all.
After using this, I don’t think I could ever go back to a rigid light therapy mask made of plastic because the silicone is substantially more comfortable and easy to wear. I wasn’t counting down the minutes until I could take it off, unlike some of the other masks I’ve tried. With that said, this isn’t the only flexible silicone mask on the market, so there are still other options.
Hands-Free, On-The-Go Treatment
Some of the LED masks I’ve tried require you to stay near an outlet because the mask has to be plugged in, in order to work. This design was something I accepted as part of the routine, but the CurrentBody LED Mask is rechargeable, so you can walk around in it without worrying about the cord. Or, you can use it while it charges if you don’t want to wait.
This flexibility makes it exponentially easier to do things during your red light therapy session.
Before, I’d have to sit near an outlet and watch TV or scroll on my phone, but with the CurrentBody LED mask, I can fold laundry or sweep the kitchen and generally go about my business instead of being glued to the outlet.
Alternatives: CurrentBody LED Mask Vs. Omnilux LED Mask
One alternative to the CurrentBody LED Mask is the Omnilux Contour Face Mask.
Both LED masks:
- Use clinically-proven wavelengths (633 nm red light and 830 nm near-infrared light)
- Have the same number of medical-grade LEDs (132 LEDs)
- Require 10-minute treatment sessions
- Are built with a flexible silicone design that’s comfortable on your skin
The main difference between the LED masks is that the Omnilux has two head straps, while the CurrentBody only has one head strap.
This additional head strap should provide for a more secure fit, but I didn’t notice any issues with the single head strap on the CurrentBody.
If we’re talking money, I’m always looking for the most affordable option that delivers the best results.
Here’s where the CurrentBody LED Mask rises over the competition. The Omnilux LED Mask is more expensive than the CurrentBody LED Mask.
And, if I’m honest, even a couple of bucks can steer me toward one direction or another, so congratulations CurrentBody. You’ve won this round.
Where Can I Buy This?
Through the links on our site, you can purchase the CurrentBody LED Mask, which has undergone a verification process for quality and affordability.
So if you’re looking for the best deal, click through to the official CurrentBody online store below for an unbeatable rate and save 20% with code BEAMSCB.
To sum up this light therapy mask review, I’m pretty stoked about this face mask from CurrentBody Skin. Some may see such an expensive product and feel it’s too good to be true, but the red light is shockingly effective, and the CurrentBody LED mask is one of the better options on the market.
Some may find the light too bright, but in my opinion, that is an unavoidable aspect of red light therapy. CurrentBody does include a free pair of goggles to help mitigate that, though.
The one other potential downside I wanted to mention here is that this LED mask only uses red and near infrared light. So, if you’re looking for something to treat acne, you might be better off with a mask that uses blue LED light.
As for the price, skin treatments are expensive, but I think you get what you pay for with the CurrentBody LED Mask!
It’s effective, comfortable, and easy to use, so it could be a wise purchase for anyone who wants to improve their facial skin with a 100% natural treatment.
Click here to check out the CurrentBody LED Mask – and say goodbye to dull, lackluster skin as you welcome a renewed and glowing complexion. This light therapy mask is your passport to youthful-looking skin, as it reduces fine lines and wrinkles, smoothens out uneven texture, and shrinks the appearance of pores.
Plus, for the month of November, clicking the button below gets you their lowest price ever offered, with a 20% off discount when you use code BEAMSCB.